“We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism, until they suddenly awake to find they have communism.”
The above quote has never been confirmed to have been said by Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, but it does sum up what appears to be happening within the United States. While not confirmed, it would be consistent with how, in an era of cold war, the Soviet Union would have attempted to indoctrinate society in America in the 50’s and 60’s. Being Premier he might also have known of Soviet plans doing just that in the United States.
The socialist movement in the United States has always been centered in academia. Due to this the most logical way in which to indoctrinate the society is through education. I am not saying that all educators are socialists, but what is taught slowly indoctrinates the minds of the educated.
The following is an excerpt from the Congressional Record from Thursday, January 10, 1963:
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
Accepted after the Cuban Missile Crisis
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
See #1 and #3
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
Never truly accepted and repudiated by the Reagan Administration resulting in
the fall of the Soviet Union and its satellite governments
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
Done with caveats
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
Done with caveats
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
Done October 25, 1971
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
Done technically May 23, 1949 (West Germany) and October 7, 1949 (East Germany). Solidified with the building of the Berlin Wall in 1961
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
Technically, the Democratic Party supports a socialist agenda. Done.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
Partial. Partial. Done. Done. Partial.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
Has taken the form of apologizing for the United States
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
Partial, never completed
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
Socialist leanings. Mainly support Democrats. See #15
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
See it takes a village to raise a child
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
Separation of families under court order as unfit parents
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
The militia movement, secession petitions, etc. The latter 1960’s
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
Control to Panama in 1999
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Can not determine if it is in force, but appears to be. Senator
Tom Connally (D-TX, 1929-1953) recognized the fact that at some
future time the UN General Assembly could amend the UN Charter to allow the International Court of Justice to override national court decisions. This amendment to the treaty safeguards out national sovereignty.
Out of the 45 provisions, 38 have been completed wholly or in part or are ongoing. This is 84.4%.
These provisions have put the United States on a path toward an oppressive socialist state. An additional set of actions would be to increasingly add industries and markets under some form of government control. This can take the form of laws or regulations issued by various departments and agencies.
Recent actions by the Obama Administration and Congress can be seen as a power grab to enact these. Many Democratic presidents have shown a penchant for increasingly ceding our sovereignty to the United Nations with the Senate more or less being complicit in the action.
It’s time that we, the American people, say to Washington, “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!” and send people who will safeguard our interests instead of their own, who will enact our agenda and not a socialist power grab, and who will safeguard the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic as stated in their oath of office.
I do not advocate secession, outright civil war (although it might come to that), assassinations, riots or anything like that. With over 200 years under our belt of actually electing a government to office peacefully, I believe that we can do what needs to be done without resorting to any of those.